Storytelling with Deborah Solberg
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Deborah is founding Artistic Director of Theatrix Youtheatre Society, which incorporated as a non-profit, charitable performing arts organization in 1991.
- Over the last three decades, she collaborated with thousands of kids to create shows as a vehicle to learn confidence and self-expression.
- Deborah produced and directed over 100 productions, from short school touring shows to full scale musical theatre productions.
- She is playwright for over 30 original plays, with a passion for adapting classical children’s literature.
- Theatrix is a 17-time Theatre BC festival award winner.
- Young people in Theatrix programs have become professional actors, dancers and singers around the world.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Storytelling is an art form in itself. It takes imagination and creativity. This free course in short lessons introduces children to the art of storytelling in a fun and interactive way, encouraging them to embrace their imagination.
Module 1 – Imagination
What is Imagination? Do you have one? How to find your Imagination.
Module 2 – Create a Fairytale
This set of five mini lessons 4-10 minutes in length are the 2nd module in storytelling.
Module 3 – From Dressup to a Play
This is a short four-lesson module in different ways to tell stories.